Sunday 15 February 2015

N - Network #28daysofwriting Day 15

Network


Over the course of my career I have built up a network of contacts through work, school, university, church and now my teaching career. Each time I have connected with different individuals, and each one added a richness to my network. Then came Twitter in 2012, and my network has exploded. By connecting with educators online through Twitter it led to TeachMeets, EduTECH Conferences, Google Teacher Academy and even further connections. Suddenly a small network becomes a large connected network. 

Being part of a connected network allows me to find support, new ideas, be challenged, constantly learning, allows me to ask experts, seek advice, share and help other educators. I would encourage everyone to grow their network, share and support each other. Over the course of the past 12 months my PLN has grown, and I have connected with educators that I now consider friends and individuals that are incredibly generous with their sharing of knowledge. I recently went over 2000 Followers on Twitter; and I look forward to the next 2000 that will be part of my network to share and connect with.

Bonus: My Twitter Recommendations- Letter N
These educators have been part of my PLN for some time and it is fantastic to be able to connect with them, share ideas, be challenged and learn from one another.


Nicholas Provenzano
Nathan Weaver
Nick Brierley

No comments:

Post a Comment